Pictured is Scarlotta, my latest indoor plant acquisition, which I moved into a sunnier spot the other day. My previous red anthurium was named Scarlet. It feels fitting to name these kinds of plants, which I think of as being especially suitable for adorning some fabulous drag queen’s dressing room.
Below is from the upcoming movie, and then adapted graphic novel, I MARRIED A WRITER (dedicated to my patient husband and all of you married/life committed to writers, you poor dears):
– SEE your honey typing for hours while you go about
your business and try to get their attention!
– HEAR them read aloud to you from their latest project– yet
– FEEL helpless and frustrated when they tell you for the
countless time how tired they are from staying up
– ASK your sweetie, like you’ve often done before, “You’re
writing about THAT??”
– SMELL burning toast filling the house while your darling
forgot all about it because they were distracted at their
– SLAP your life partner upside the head– or KISS them
passionately– and notice very little response because they’re
totally engrossed in whatever it is they’re typing!
– FIND yourself wondering, “Will my life ever be normal